Puratos has close to 100 years of rich and varied history that have shaped the Group into what it is today.
2000 and beyond
2000' s and beyond
- Creation of the O-tentic range: it's a completely new type of product allowing traditional breads to be made.
- Launch of Sublimo cold setting glazes.
- Cryst-o-fil, made with 50% real Belgian chocolate is launched on the long shelf-life fillings market.
- Launch of Ambiante, a delicious non-dairy topping that offers exceptional volume and excellent stability.
- Launch of Acti-Fresh technology, which gives Puratos technological supremacy in cake freshness.
- Puratos creates Oxanti, a chocolate with high anti-oxidant power.
- Puratos establishes subsidiaries in the rest of Central & Eastern Europe and Australia.
- The Sapore sourdough range is launched, as are enzymes, fruit-based products and non-dairy creams.
- Creation of the Puratos Group.
- Puratos opens subsidiaries in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Diversification into chocolate - with the creation of Belcolade, compound coatings, glazes and margarine.
- Puratos opens its first Quality and Research Center in Groot-Bijgaarden.
- Puratos establishes itself in Asia and in the rest of Latin America and creates subsidiaries in France and Germany.
- Launch of S500, a powderbased bread improver. It has since grown into a major product for the group and is still the leader today.
- Opening of subsidiaries in the UK, Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Canada and the USA.
Puratos moves to Groot-Bijgaarden on the outskirts of Brussels, Belgium60' s
40's - 50's
40' s - 50' s
- The age of the pioneers: François Van Belle and Pierre Demanet join Puratos
- Creation of T500, the first complete bread improver. This product marks a turning point in the history of Puratos.
Puratos launches Pura-Malté, a branded bread based on wheat germs, roasted in a machine invented by Professor Picard, known for his bathyscaphe.20's
Puratos is founded in Brussels, Belgium to create, produce and sell ingredients for bakers and patissiers1919