On January 6th, the celebration of Epiphany or 3 King's day takes place in many countries around the world that follow Christian traditions. This event is often accompanied with a special celebration cake so here is the recipe of our King's crown!
- 1000 g of Tegral Brioche Moelleuse
- 450 g of Water (±)
- 30 g of Fresh yeast
- 30 g of Classic Lemon
- 30 g of Classic Orange
- 10 g of Rhum 44%
For a total dough of 1550g
- Mix during 4 min. at slow speed then 7 to 8 min. at fast speed
- Dough temperature at 25°C
- Bulk fermentation of 15 min.
- Scale : 300 g
- Intermediate proof of 15 min.
- Make up the dough to shape a crown
- Final fermentation of ± 90 min. at 26°C, 85% RH.
- Before baking, glaze with Sunset Glaze and sprinkle with pearl sugar
- Check the oven temperature is at 170°C
- Bake for 35 min.
After baking, decorate with candied fruits and/ or whole almonds.